Today’s rising cost of energy means that it is critical to optimise energy use.
By completing a load study analysis we can identify ‘how much, when and where’ your energy is being used and highlighting times when extreme or unexpected energy is consumed.
Firstly we conduct the initial energy study at the main utility power supply/service entry point. Once we have measured overall power, our focus then stems to localised studies throughout the premises to profile individual loads and estimate their effect on your electricity bill. Once we have this kind of power and energy profile, we can highlight potential areas for energy savings.
Energy Efficiency Services
We offer the following service to assist your premises with:
- Load studies – verify electrical system capacity before adding loads.
- Energy assessments – quantify energy consumption before and after improvements to justify energy saving devices.
- Predictive maintenance – detect and prevent power quality issues before they cause downtime.
- Energy monetization – calculate the fiscal cost of energy waste due to poor power quality.
- Harmonics measurements – uncover harmonic issues that can damage or disrupt critical equipment.
- Voltage event capture – monitor for dips and swells that cause spurious resets or nuisance circuit breaker tripping.
- PowerWave data capture – capture fast RMS values to see every waveform so you can determine how the voltage, current and frequency values are interacting.
- Frontline troubleshooting – quickly diagnose problems on-screen to get your operation back online.
- Long-term analysis – uncover hard-to-find or intermittent issues.
- I have engaged the services of Phil Lyon and HazElect on a number of electrical projects over a couple of years. I have found Phil to be very professional, reliable and trustworthy with regards to providing excellent service as required by the contract requirements and making sure that his company employees provide the same standard of quality work which he provides. I was also greatly impressed by Phil’s attention to detail as well as his proactive approach to identify options and solutions to challenges arising in any project. On all the projects they completed for us, HazElect always met timely deadlines, most of them ahead of schedule and without compromising on quality and safety but still maintaining a fair price. Without any hesitation, I would definitely recommend HazElect to anyone seeking professional quality focused electrical services in the mining industry.Simon Phiri Electrical Engineer Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- The team at HazElect are competent, passionate people who work efficiently to safely meet our objectives.Kurt MonkRio Tinto Contracts Supervisor - Plant Maintenance
- Time and time again HazElect have delivered on multiple projects simultaneously while always maintaining a very high standard of work with attention to detail. All projects have been completed on time, within budget and without incident. That’s why HazElect has been my preferred electrical contractor for many years.Mark SirrRio Tinto Electrical Supervisor – Shutdown Maintenance
- Hazelect have provided for me the level of service that I need to ensure I meet the required standards and timelines for all my projects. They provide complete Electrical Engineering and Installation project management with great confidence in exceeding all desired outcomes. Hazelect is completely reliable and dedicated in providing a safe and efficient service everytime.Mick DraperRio Tinto - Statutory Electrical Supervisor