Health and Safety
HazElect undertakes to identify, assess, eliminate, prevent or reduce, to a level as low as reasonably practicable, any Health and Safety hazards and risks to its employees, contractors or the public that may arise as a result of its operations.
Every effort is made to identify hazards, assess their risk, and implement effective controls to reduce these risks. Detailed risk assessments are carried out on all projects before commencing work and all licenses, insurances and training requirements are updated on a regular basis.
We protect our personnel by providing detailed Health and Safety Management Plans that outline, how to apply health and safety practices in the workplace with a continual focus towards improvement.
MAN HOURS FROM SEPT. 2009
LOST TIME INJURIES
Our key objectives are:
- Comply with applicable regulatory Health & Safety legislation and health and safety management systems as per AS/NZS4801 and conditions of licenses under which we operate.
- Provide adequate resources, including trained, competent and appropriately supervised personnel to enable us to identify and control Health & Safety hazards and risks in our workplace.
- A workplace where health and safety management and leadership is integrated into all business activities.
- A culture that inspires awareness of and personal responsibility for health and safety.
- I have engaged the services of Phil Lyon and HazElect on a number of electrical projects over a couple of years. I have found Phil to be very professional, reliable and trustworthy with regards to providing excellent service as required by the contract requirements and making sure that his company employees provide the same standard of quality work which he provides. I was also greatly impressed by Phil’s attention to detail as well as his proactive approach to identify options and solutions to challenges arising in any project. On all the projects they completed for us, HazElect always met timely deadlines, most of them ahead of schedule and without compromising on quality and safety but still maintaining a fair price. Without any hesitation, I would definitely recommend HazElect to anyone seeking professional quality focused electrical services in the mining industry.Simon Phiri Electrical Engineer Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- Time and time again HazElect have delivered on multiple projects simultaneously while always maintaining a very high standard of work with attention to detail. All projects have been completed on time, within budget and without incident. That’s why HazElect has been my preferred electrical contractor for many years.Mark SirrRio Tinto Electrical Supervisor – Shutdown Maintenance
- The team at HazElect are competent, passionate people who work efficiently to safely meet our objectives.Kurt MonkRio Tinto Contracts Supervisor - Plant Maintenance
- Hazelect have provided for me the level of service that I need to ensure I meet the required standards and timelines for all my projects. They provide complete Electrical Engineering and Installation project management with great confidence in exceeding all desired outcomes. Hazelect is completely reliable and dedicated in providing a safe and efficient service everytime.Mick DraperRio Tinto - Statutory Electrical Supervisor